Top Reasons to Buy Pharmaceutical Pricing Strategy
Structure pricing teams to manage a changing marketplace and increasingly complex regulatory guidelines: Form dedicated groups able to begin pricing work during early product development. Navigate an increasingly global and competitive market through advance planning and integrated pricing strategy creation.
Assess pharmaceutical pricing team priorities and measure market access involvement in pricing decisions: Work with departments throughout the company — including clinical R&D, market access and sales teams — to support pricing efforts. Prioritize new products based on development and categorization — blockbuster v. niche products or innovative v. follow-on products.
Embrace outcomes research to highlight product value: Grow pricing team resources to match the importance of comparative effectiveness research. Prepare to meet payers with more data supporting products’ pricing decisions.
Key Questions Answered about Pharmaceutical Pricing Strategy
- How many FTEs are needed to facilitate efficient pricing operations
- Which departments contribute to pricing team funding?
- Do pricing teams use outsourcing to further their efforts?
- Do companies favor dedicated pricing teams or ad-hoc groups?
- How do pricing teams divide their attention across full company portfolios?
- How do dedicated pricing groups interact with other internal teams?
- How do teams prioritize pricing resources?
- How often do teams perform pricing studies?
- What factors determine pricing study foci?
- What are the typical costs and durations of pricing studies?
- What challenges face pricing teams today?
- Which trends impact pricing team efforts?
- How do pricing teams perceive emerging market opportunities?
|Publication Date||May 2013|
|Charts / Graphics||150 +|