Top Reasons to Review This Pharmaceutical Big Data Report
Overcome social media challenges to collect data: Social media poses big challenges to drug and device manufacturers, especially when it comes to reporting unsolicited adverse events. But life science companies have developed methods to better use social media to address those challenges and gather pharmaceutical big data at the same time. Learn how top companies use social media channels to gather data, such as competitor product usage, patient and physician sentiment and adverse event information. Implement the best practices from this report to cultivate social media channels as a means to examine target populations’ behaviors, reactions and expectations.
Establish dedicated teams to capitalize on key initiatives: Sixty-three percent of surveyed companies are planning to build dedicated teams. How they construct those teams and the level of resources they provide to them will determine much of their success. Use this report to understand why it’s important to build a diverse team that involves expertise from different functional areas. Consult the resource allocation benchmarks in this report to staff and fund your teams, as well as individual prospective and retrospective studies.
Expand your strategies to increase study efficiency: This report outlines how companies are utilizing Big Data’s efficiency to shorten timelines and decrease budgets of prospective and retrospective studies. Medical Affairs, Clinical Development and HEOR teams will benefit by the strategies outlined in this report highlighting which data tools to focus on and how to achieve more accurate study results. Utilizing these strategies during these projects will lead to cost-effective timelines, more accurate study results and an overall stronger drug value proposition.
Key Questions This Study Answers about Pharmaceutical Big Data
- How can Big Data improve drug and device companies’ initiatives?
- How can pharmaceutical and medical device companies measure ROI for Big Data initiatives?
- How should drug and device companies allocate resources to pharmaceutical Big Data teams and studies?
- What are the best practices for structuring Big Data teams and organizing their initiatives?
- Why should companies implement centralized/dedicated teams?
- Which organizational functions are leading contributors to pharmaceutical Big Data strategies within the life sciences industry?
- Why should pharmaceutical and medical device companies involve multiple functions in Big Data activities?
- Which tasks and activities do life science companies most commonly outsource to Big Data vendors?
- What information should companies gather from social media and other Big Data sources?
- What can life sciences companies gain from using social media channels?
- What challenges do drug and device companies encounter when using social media for data gathering?
|Publication Date||January 2014|
|Charts / Graphics||287|